FCVS: Certification and Verification of Documents
If you hold a qualification issued in your country by an officially recognized institution, you may need to certify, verify or legalize your original documents via Federal Credential Verification Service (FCVS) before you can submit them to US authorities, medical institutions, educational institutions, etc. The FCVS is an essential tool for physicians when applying for medical licensure.
- Certification is confirmation that a photocopy is a true copy of the original document. The FCVS can prepare for you certified copies of the original documents confirming your qualifications;
- Verification is a process of confirming the authenticity of original documents. The FCVS can act as a verification body and confirm the validity of educational or professional documents;
- Legalization is an official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a public document is genuine. The FCVS is the body that issues apostille stamps to US degree holders seeking recognition of their degrees in their home country. Before sending your document to the FCVS, you must first go through the original verification procedure.
What documents can be stamped?
The FCVS can stamp the originals of the documents listed below on the reverse side:
- Degree certificate, diploma, diploma insert;
- Second Level Exam Results, Compulsory Secondary Education Certificates.
What documents are NOT accepted?
FCVS services do not apply to the following documents:
- IELTS test score sheets;
- Certified photocopies;
- Scanned images.
The FCVS reserves the right to refuse to certify or verify any document if the issuing program or educational institution is not recognized by the US Educational Boards, or if it is determined that the document has been altered or tampered with in any way, or there is doubt about the originality of the document.
400 Fuller Wiser Road
Euless, TX 76039
Phone: (817) 868-4000
Fax: (817) 868-4099
Washington, DC Office
2101 L. Street NW
Suite 404, Washington, DC 20037
Phone: (202) 463-4000
FCVS customer support
Phone: (817) 868-5000 or (888) ASK-FCVS