Kentucky Medical License
Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure (KBML)
310 Whittington Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Phone: (502) 429-7150
Fax: (502) 429-7158
Things you need to know
- Application process: 60-90 days minimum AFTER application, all documentation, & FCVS profile is received at the Board. Time doubles if there are any irregularities or malpractice
- Board Meetings: The Board meets on a quarterly basis. Irregularities and waiver requests must be approved at the Board meetings or through Inquiry Panels
- Application Fee: $300
- Background Check Fee: $39.75
- License Renewal: $150
- Expiration: Applications expire after 1 year from the date it is received by the Board
- FCVS required
- Interview: Not required. The Kentucky Medical Board may require the applicant to attend a personal interview when, for instance, 1) the applicant has committed any acts constituting grounds for denial of license 2) the Board is in receipt of information requiring additional information or explanation from the applicant and 3) the applicant’s application is incomplete or requires further explanation
Kentucky medical licensing requirements
- SPEX/COMVEX Requirement: May be ordered by board to assess current competence
- USMLE Attempt Limit: Four attempts for Steps I – III
- USMLE Time Limit: No time limit
- PGT (US/Canada Medical Graduate): 2 years
- PGT (International Medical Graduate): 2 years
Help applying to Kentucky medical licensure
1639 Bradley Park Drive Suite 500, Box 357, Columbus, GA 31904
2500 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 315, Hollywood, FL 33020
Medical License Pro
70 S. Section St., Unit #7, Fairhope, AL 36532
Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc.
South Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 1765 East Nine Mile Road, Suite 1 #358, Pensacola, FL 32514
North Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 880 Munson Ave, Suite F, Traverse City, MI 49686
60 Roberts Drive, Suite 313, North Adams, MA 01247
Member Support: 413-398-5733
Corporate Office: 413-398-5509
Business Development: 413-398-5736
Kentucky is a state in the east of the United States. Its capital is Frankfort. Major cities of Kentucky are such major cities as Louisville, Owensboro, Bowling Green, Lexington-Fayette, Hopkinsville.
Most of the territory of Kentucky is occupied by the Appalachian Mountains. The state lands in the north approach the territories of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, in the west – to Missouri, in the south – to Tennessee, in the east – to Virginia and West Virginia. The main waterways of the state are the Tennessee and Ohio Rivers.
Here are the caves, which are the longest in the world. The territory is dominated by a subtropical continental climate with an average summer temperature of +31 degrees Celsius and zero winter temperature.
The land of Kentucky stores deposits of natural gas, oil and stone corner, which are the most important minerals of the state. Enterprises of the tobacco, textile, and food industries successfully operate and produce products; mechanical engineering is developed; metal products and motor vehicles, shoes, furniture, and alcoholic beverages are also produced.
Kentucky is the second-largest producer of tobacco after Virginia. The state is home to the American corn whiskey – bourbon. Large enterprises for the production of a well-known alcoholic beverage are located in Kentucky.
The name of the state comes from the river of the same name. The development of the state by Europeans began in the 18th century. The Daniel Boone expedition explored the Appalachian Mountains between 1767 and 1771. During the Civil War, the residents of the state were adherents of different armies-the Unionists and the Confederacy. In 1891, Kentucky adopted a New Constitution.