Arkansas Medical License
Arkansas State Medical Board
1401 West Capitol Avenue, Suite 340
Little Rock, AR 72201-2936
Tel: (501) 296-1802
Fax: (501) 603-3555
Things you need to know
- Application Fee $500;
- Interview: Required for all International applicants, applicants with affirmative answers on the application, & applicants practicing Telemedicine. The AR Board may also require the applicant to attend a personal interview when 1) the applicant has committed any acts constituting grounds for denial of license 2) the Board is in receipt of information requiring additional information or explanation from the applicant and 3) the applicant’s application is incomplete or requires further explanation;
- The Arkansas Board does NOT accept FCVS;
- The application expires after 1 year from when it is received at the AR Medical Board.
Arkansas medical license requirements
Minimum Postgraduate Training required:
- 1 year; 3 years IMG unless currently enrolled in training program through Univ of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Number of attempts at Licensing Examination:
- 3 attempts per USMLE Step; No limit on COMLEX
Time Limit for Completing Licensing Examination Sequence:
- 7 years to complete USMLE; 10 years for MD/PhD candidates; No limit on COMLEX
Help applying to Arkansas medical licensure
Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc.
South Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 1765 East Nine Mile Road, Suite 1 #358, Pensacola, FL 32514
North Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 880 Munson Ave, Suite F, Traverse City, MI 49686
Medical License Direct
4020 Collingswood Rd. Pensacola, FL 32514
60 Roberts Drive, Suite 313, North Adams, MA 01247
Member Support: 413-398-5733
Corporate Office: 413-398-5509
Business Development: 413-398-5736
2500 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 315, Hollywood, FL 33020
1639 Bradley Park Drive Suite 500, Box 357, Columbus, GA 31904
Medical License Pro
70 S. Section St., Unit #7, Fairhope, AL 36532
Medical Licensure Group
4400 Bayou Blvd, #32B, Pensacola, FL 32503
Arkansas is a state in the southern United States, it belongs to the group of states of the Southwestern Center. Population is 2 937 979 (32-e a place among the States of the United States; data from 2011).
The official nickname is “the Natural State”.
The word “Arkansas” is an Algonquian exonym of the Quapo Sioux tribe.
The capital of Arkansas is the most populous city of Little Rock, it is located in the central part of the state.
By the way, Arkansas once belonged to France, and the Americans bought the territory of the state from Napoleon Bonaparte for only $23 million. Now in this state you can meet Americans of French, English, Irish origin, Chinese, Syrians, Mexicans, and, of course, Indians.
The area of Arkansas is 137,732 km2. The state is bordered by Louisiana to the south, Texas and Oklahoma to the west, Tennessee and Mississippi to the east, and Missouri to the north. The U.S. Census Bureau classifies Arkansas as a southern state, a subcategory of southwest central states. Most of the state’s eastern border runs along the Mississippi River, with the exception of Greene and Clay counties, where the St. Francis River serves as the border with the state of Missouri, as well as in dozens of places where the current course of the Mississippi as a result of meandering deviated from the old course that serves as the border by law. In many places, the eastern border of the state is roughly defined due to changes in the riverbed.
The climate of the state is subtropical, moderately humid. Winters are mild and snowy, summers are hot. The average temperature in January is +2…+15 °C, in July – +27 °C. In summer, the heat can reach +40 °C. However, Arkansas is known for its extreme weather. Thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, snow, and ice storms are fairly typical for this state. This is due to the two-way influence on the climate from the Persian Gulf and the Great Plains.