Maryland Medical License
Maryland Board of Physicians
4201 Patterson Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
General Board Fax: 410.358.2252
Allied Health/Physician Licensure Fax: 410.358.1298 or 410.358.040
Things you need to know
- Application process: 4 months minimum
- Board Meetings: The MD Board of Physicians meets on a monthly basis
- Application Fee: $790 (AMG)/$890 (IMG)
- Background Check Fee: N/A
- License Renewal: $512 ($100 additional fee if late)
- Expiration: Applications expire after 4 months from the date it is received by the Maryland Medical Board
- Interview: Not required. The Maryland Board of Physicians may require the applicant to attend a personal interview when, for instance, 1) the applicant has committed any acts constituting grounds for denial of license 2) the Board is in receipt of information requiring additional information or explanation from the applicant and 3) the applicant’s application is incomplete or requires further explanation.
Maryland medical license requirements
- SPEX/COMVEX Requirement: Required if active licensure was interrupted during the last 10 years, if physician has not passed written licensure exam within last 15 years and ABMS board certification exam within last 10 years
- USMLE Time Limit: Must complete all three Steps within 10 years
- USMLE Attempt Limit: Four attempts for Steps I – III. After 3 failed attempts, 1 year additional GME. No more than 3 failures permitted on any 1 step without additional qualifications (specialty board certification, etc)
- PGT (US/Canada Medical Graduate): 1 year (1 year of GME required if candidate failed any part of an exam 3 times)
- PGT (International Medical Graduate): 2 years ACGME or RCPSC accredited GME as of October 1, 2000. In addition, 1 year of GME required if candidate failed any part of an exam 3 times
Help applying to Maryland physician license
2500 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 315, Hollywood, FL 33020
Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc.
South Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 1765 East Nine Mile Road, Suite 1 #358, Pensacola, FL 32514
North Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 880 Munson Ave, Suite F, Traverse City, MI 49686
1639 Bradley Park Drive Suite 500, Box 357, Columbus, GA 31904
Medical License Pro
70 S. Section St., Unit #7, Fairhope, AL 36532
The state of Maryland is a Mid-Atlantic region settled along the coast of the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The state’s largest city is Baltimore, which has a long history as a major seaport. The state is home to Fort McHenry, the National Aquarium, home of the U.S. National Anthem, and the Maryland Science Center. The state was named after the English Queen Henrietta Maria of France. It was the 7th state to be merged into the United States Although densely populated, Maryland has a diversified economy with manufacturing services and biotechnology leading the economy. Because of the state’s wealth and swollen economy, Maryland has the highest median family income of any state.
The estimated population of the state of Maryland is 600,6401 according to the 2015 United States Census. There has been a population growth of 4% in the state since 2010. Maryland has been a border state, its history has been influenced by the influx of people from the northern and southern United States. Due to its maximum proximity to Mexico, Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in Maryland after English
The state of Maryland offers a wide range of climatic conditions, due to the difference in ground elevation, close proximity to water. The area is protected from the cold due to downslope winds.