New Jersey Medical License
Address: PO Box 183 Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0183
Things you need to know
- NJ medical license fee is nonrefundable.
- License verification NJ.
- The current application fee is $325 for physicians and $125 for podiatrists.
- On average, it will typically take 3 months from receipt of application to issuance of the license.
- The ECFMG certificate reflects the passing results of only steps 1 and 2 of the national licensing exam (i.e. USMLE steps 1 and 2).
- SPEX/COMVEX Requirement: Not Required.
- USMLE Attempt Limit: No attempt limit for Steps I and II; five attempts for Step III. If Step III is not passed in designated number of attempts, further education, training or experience is required. (board may grant waiver).
- USMLE Time Limit: Must complete all three steps within seven years. (board may grant waiver).
- PGT (US/Canada Medical Graduate): One year if graduated before July 1, 2003; two years and contract for year three if graduated after July 1, 2003.
- PGT (International Medical Graduate): Three years, One year if graduated before July 1, 1985; three years if graduated between July 1, 1985 and July 1, 2003; two years and contract for year three if graduated after July 1, 2003.
Help applying to New Jersey medical licenses
Medical License Pro, LLC
18300 Scenic Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 36532-6844
Doctors Licensure Group
9215 Chemstrand Rd, Pensacola, FL 32514
Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc.
3 W Garden ST Ste 700, Pensacola, FL 32502-5636
Medical Licensure Group
4400 Bayou Blvd STE 32B, Pensacola, FL 32503-2691
653 W 23rd St STE 189, Panama City, FL 32405-3922
New Jersey is located on the east coast of the United States in the Middle Atlantic region. Despite the highest population density in the country, New Jersey is known for its vibrant beach towns and natural attractions, including Cape May migratory birds, pine heaths, blueberry farms and cranberry swamps, the Delaware River Valley, the 115-kilometer stretch of the Appalachian Trail and similar paths.
To the east, New Jersey is washed by the Atlantic Ocean, and is bordered by the states of New York to the north, Pennsylvania to the west, and Delaware to the southwest. Northeastern New Jersey is part of the New York metropolitan area and is separated from the city by the Hudson River; the southwest belongs to the metropolitan area of Philadelphia, located on the other side of the Delaware River.
The state of New Jersey is divided into three regions: North, Central and South Jersey. The capital is Trenton, the largest city is Newark, must see is Atlantic City.