Maine Medical License
161 Capitol Street
137 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0137
Phone: (207) 287-3601
TTY users call Maine relay 711
Fax: (207) 287-6590
Complaints: (888) 365-9964
Things you need to know
- Application process: 90 days AFTER Board receives all documentation and FCVS Profile
- Board Meetings: The Board meets on a monthly basis. Files with any irregularities are required to be submitted at the Board meeting for approval; “clean” files may not need to be submitted at Board meeting
- Application Fee: $700
- Background Check Fee: Background Check required, but there is no fee
- License Renewal: $400
- Expiration: Applications expire after 1 year from the date it is received by the Board
- FCVS: This state requires an FCVS profile for the licensing process
- Interview: Not required. The Board may require the applicant to attend a personal interview when, for instance, 1) the applicant has committed any acts constituting grounds for denial of license 2) the Board is in receipt of information requiring additional information or explanation from the applicant and 3) the applicant’s application is incomplete or requires further explanation
Maine medical license requirements
- SPEX/COMVEX Requirement: For MDs and DOs: Required if not practicing for more than 1 year or by board order to assess current competence
- USMLE Attempt Limit: No attempt limit for Steps I and II; three attempts for Step III
- USMLE Time Limit: Must complete all 3 steps within seven years
- PGT (US/Canada Medical Graduate): For MDs: 3 years (for those graduating after July 1, 2004); For DOs: 1 year AOA or ACGME accredited GME
- PGT (International Medical Graduate): 3 years (GME taken in Canada or the British Isles may be considered qualifying on an individual basis)
Help applying to Maine medical licensure
Medical License Pro
70 S. Section St., Unit #7, Fairhope, AL 36532
1639 Bradley Park Drive Suite 500, Box 357, Columbus, GA 31904
2500 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 315, Hollywood, FL 33020
60 Roberts Drive, Suite 313, North Adams, MA 01247
Member Support: 413-398-5733
Corporate Office: 413-398-5509
Business Development: 413-398-5736
Doctors Licensure Group
PO Box 15167, Pensacola FL, 32514
Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc.
South Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 1765 East Nine Mile Road, Suite 1 #358, Pensacola, FL 32514
North Office: Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc, 880 Munson Ave, Suite F, Traverse City, MI 49686
Maine (the area of 86,5 sq km) is located on the North-Eastern United States, at the point of convergence of two mountain ranges (Appalachian and Notre Dame), two countries (USA and Canada) and two cultures (in the North lie the French-speaking regions of Canada, and the population of man has retained a strong British roots).
Forests and picturesque lakes still cover about 90% of the territory of the “Pine State”, and the cool climate makes it something like Alaska, which is greatly facilitated by the rocky seashore, many convenient harbors and the obvious orientation of all local life to the sea.
The capital of Maine, the city of Augusta, is a fairly spacious and green city that has more political and cultural than economic significance for the life of the state. The largest city in the state is Portland.
The state’s natural attractions include Acadia National Park at the foot of Cadillac Mountain, the unique Maine desert near Freeport, the state’s largest lake is Moosehead, the picturesque Cape Cod Peninsula and the rugged bay area around it.