Oregon Medical License
Address: Oregon Medical Board
1500 SW 1st Ave., Suite 620
Portland, OR 97201-5847
Things you need to know
- Total for New License – $979.
- Application Processing fee – $375.
- Oregon physician license can be issued for a maximum period of one year and may be renewed as frequently as needed for a total period not to exceed four years. These years must be consecutive.
Proof of Name:
- Birth Certificate: Provide a copy of official birth certificate or birth record. Hospital birth certificates are not acceptable. Your complete, legal name, including Jr., II, III, initial only, or no middle name, will be shown on your formal license, and all licensees must pursue their profession under their own name as it shows on the license. A copy of your ID, driver’s license, etc., does not meet this requirement and cannot be accepted in lieu of the required birth certificate.
- Name Change (due to marriage, divorce, adoption, court order): If you have been known by names other than that exactly on your birth certificate, provide a copy of the legal documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers, or court order).
- Naturalization: it is a law break to copy a naturalization document. Instead, please complete the naturalization form provided by the Board with the number, date and place of naturalization.
- Photograph: Provide a close-up passport quality photograph, front view, head and shoulders (not profile) taken within 90 days preceding the filing of the application.
- Diploma: ensure a copy of your diploma showing graduation from a medical/osteopathic/podiatric school.
- Fingerprints: Applicants must provide fingerprints in order for the Board to conduct a state and federal criminal records check. All fingerprints are processed through the Oregon State Police (OSP) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Medical Practice Act Open-Book Examination.
- Special Purpose Examination (SPEX): Physician applicants (MD/DO) are expected to take the SPEX examination if: completion of postgraduate training, specialty board certification or recertification was obtained 10 or more years prior to submitting an application for Oregon licensure or the applicant ceased practice for 12 or more consecutive months immediately preceding the application.
Help applying to Oregon medical licenses
Medical License Pro, LLC
18300 Scenic Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 36532-6844
Doctors Licensure Group
9215 Chemstrand Rd, Pensacola, FL 32514
Healthcare Licensing Services, Inc.
3 W Garden ST Ste 700, Pensacola, FL 32502-5636
Medical Licensure Group
4400 Bayou Blvd STE 32B, Pensacola, FL 32503-2691
653 W 23rd St STE 189, Panama City, FL 32405-3922
The state of Oregon is located in the Western United States and belongs to the Pacific states of the United States. The territory of the state of Oregon is 255,026 square km (9th place in terms of area among the states of the United States).
Oregon is bordered by the states of Washington in the north, Idaho in the east, California and Nevada in the south. In the west, the state is washed by the Pacific Ocean.
The state of Oregon is based on the time of the US Pacific Time Zone.
Oregon’s natural environment is extremely diverse, with ocean coastlines and high mountains, fertile river valleys and desert salt flats. There are several main physical and geographic regions in the state: the Cascade Mountains, the Coastal Range and Ocean Coast, the Klamath Mountains, the Willamette Valley, the Columbia Plateau, the Blue Mountains and the High Desert.